The most active and successful chapters are those in which all members take part in the activities and work of the chapter. Though each chapter is different, the following categories illustrate the types of offices and/or committees that many chapters have found useful. As with all other offices and committees, one of the most important duties is to preserve the continuity of the chapter by ensuring that all information and materials are passed to each new set of officers.
- Be a role model.
- Lead membership by defining and pursuing the goals and objectives of chapter.
- Delegate responsibilities.
- Find out what resources are available locally, and Society-wide.
- Involve all members on committees and in activities and delegate and assign responsibilities.
- Keep a list of objectives with dates and deadlines.
- Establish regular meeting times for entire chapter and officers and advisors.
- Plan fund-raising functions.
- Serve as program chair for chapter
- Assist chairs of committees.
- Assist the secretary in preparing report of chapter activities to send to Central Office.
- Take and record minutes of each meeting.
- Keep a list of all committees of the chapter.
- Maintain all records of the chapter.
- Compile list of email addresses of all chapter members.
- Notify all members and advisors of place and time of meetings, elections, inductions, and other chapter activities.
- Help members complete online registration
- Verify information concerning Psi Chi funds, deposits, and accounts.
- Establish working budget with your chapter.
- Pay all bills promptly.
- Report to chapter on a regular basis, including an end-of-the-year report.
Additional Officers and Committees
- See that photographs are taken at Psi Chi events.
- Promote awareness of anniversaries and past events and successes.
- Ensure that the chapter's historical records are properly preserved.
- Serve as liaison with area and chapter alumni.
- Keep alumni informed of chapter activities.
AMBASSADOR/SOCIAL MEDIA VOICE
- Promote awareness of Psi Chi (both the society and the local chapter) to the campus community and the community at large.
- Publicize all Psi Chi events, programs, and activities.
- Maintain chapter website.
- Disseminate chapter information.
- Organize membership drives.
- Help new members complete online registration if necessary.
This category often is broken into the following types of programs and activities:
- Speakers/Symposia/Colloquia/Workshops/Field Trips
- Service Projects/Philanthropies/Tutoring/Advising
- Social events
- Responsible for chapter publications.
- Serve as liaison between Psi Chi and other campus organizations.
- Promote interaction and cosponsorship with other campus organizations.
- Serve as liaison between members/psychology students and faculty members.
- Assist faculty members with student advising.
- Organize nomination and election of chapter officers, preferably allowing ample time for new officers to work with incumbent officers and become familiar with duties of office.
- Inform members of Society elections, and help them become familiar with the candidates.