PSI CHI DIGEST #209 | August 23, 2013
In This Edition of the Digest:
• Why You Should Think About Conventions Now
• SEPA Submissions
• EPA Submissions
• Deadlines for Submitting Research to MPA, RMPA, SWPA,
Why You Should Think About Conventions Now
Regional conventions are not until the spring, but there is one big reason to think about them now: planning.
you know that you would like to present research at a convention this
year (and thereby compete for a Regional Research Award), you should
begin planning early. Look over all of your class syllabi to find
assignments or projects that will result in research you may want to
- In addition, review research you completed last semester to determine if you might submit it this fall.
for presentations now will give you the opportunity to construct a
timeline. Just as you need to know when assignments are due for your
classes, you need to be aware of when submissions are due for
There are two ways that undergraduates can present their research at SEPA:
can submit directly to SEPA through their online system. To find out
the requirements for all submissions to SEPA, click this link.
The submission deadline is October 8, 2013. (Note: submissions to SEPA
only are not eligible for a Psi Chi Regional Research Award.)
can also submit to the Psi Chi / CEPO (Committee on Equality of
Professional Opportunities) undergraduate poster session. Psi Chi
undergraduate student members who submit to this special section of the
convention as the first author on the project are eligible for Psi Chi
Regional Research Awards. Interested undergraduates should complete the
first section of the application, called the "intent to submit," by
October 8, 2013; however, the full abstract will not be due until
November 15, 2013. To access the electronic submission system, click
To submit your research to EPA and compete for a Regional Research Award, there are two steps:
Deadlines for Submitting Research to MPA, WPA, SWPA, and RMPA
- Submit to EPA here by joining EPA, logging in, and going to the Members Only page (check website for open submission dates).
- If you wish your EPA submission to be considered for a Psi Chi Regional Research Award, submit the same work to Psi Chi at this link.
- MPA–November 11, 2013. For full guidelines, visit this link.
- WPA–November 15, 2013. Details are available at this link under the heading "Psi Chi Poster Session Submissions.”
- SWPA–November 30, 2013. The complete guidelines are available at this link.
- RMPA–January 13, 2014. Guidelines for the 2014 convention have not yet been posted. Check the website in a few weeks for updated information.
With each edition of the Digest, you get important news, announcements, and upcoming convention information from the Psi Chi Central Office.
RIGHT SIDEBAR CONTENT GOES HEREm ds ds ds ds sd ds ds d sds s ds s d d s d dsdsd