An award to the chapter that best achieves Psi Chi’s
purpose. The winning chapter receives
- a custom commemorative plaque,
- an opportunity to share what success means to their Psi Chi chapter with other chapters.
- Chapters offer quality programming, increase
enrollment, submit activity reports, and vote in Psi Chi elections for three consecutive years.
Write an essay on the meaning of success for the chapter.
Psi Chi chapters that:
- have not
won the Cousins Chapter Award in the past 3 years,
- received a Model Chapter Award two out of the
past three years,
- won a Regional Chapter Award once within the last three years,
- vote in Psi Chi elections annually,
- submit activity reports,
- can show an increase in enrollment,
- adhere to Psi Chi policies,
- demonstrate a clear plan for the cash award,
- write an excellent essay.
Who is Ruth Hubbard
This award honors Ruth Cousins, who ran Psi Chi
for 33 years, and was in many ways, responsible for the organization existing
in its present form.
The application portal will open approximately 30 days before the deadline.
Psi Chi Chapter
A distinguished part of our chapter’s work is our service to psychology students at Temple University. One such way we do so is by offering tutoring services to students. The tutors are unpaid Psi Chi members who work exceptionally hard in providing support to their peers. This award will be a wonderful way to provide compensation to our dedicated tutors for the time and effort they have spent tutoring. The award will also help the chapter continue executing events during the semester which help students explore career options in psychology, learn about educational tracks they may not have considered, and jump start their careers by helping them find labs to work in.