|What is it?
- A $1,200 cash award for one outstanding Psi Chi chapter
- Open to both graduate and undergraduate students.
- An engraved plaque, commemorating the award.
How does it work?
- A chapter member, officer or faculty advisor nominates a president who demonstrates excellence
in leadership at the local level.
- The nominee will have one month (deadline of March 30th) after the nomination deadline to respond with their portion of the application.
- The Awards committee reviews applications and
chooses a winner.
Who is eligible?
- Candidates cannot apply for this award, but must be
nominated by chapter members, fellow officers or faculty advisors.
- Any chapter president is eligible to be nominated.
Who is Kay Wilson?
Wilson was the Psi Chi Executive Director from 1991 to 2003. Her excellent
leadership skills were evident, because during her 12-year tenure
When to Apply?
- the amount of awards and grants
available increased from $5,000 to $225,000,
- membership doubled, and the
number of chapters rose from 734 to 1,013.
Nominations for this award are received for one month. Following the nominations, president must complete their part of the application the following month.
University of North Carolina
at Chapel Hill
"Although this was a big responsibility, I knew that, if I could create a good interpersonal, work driven environment among the other officers, we could accomplish any goal we put before ourselves.”