What is it?
- Grants of up to
$1,500 given annually to defray the costs of conducting a research project
focused on diverse populations or diversity issues.
- Total funding available is $10,000 per year.
- Undergraduate and graduates students and/or students within one year of their graduation, and faculty Psi Chi members are eligible.
- Applications will be scored according to the level of
education of the applicant.
How does it work?
- Write a proposal describing the project you have or would like to complete.
- Complete the application online.
- The Diversity Committee reviews applications.You will be
notified of your status within 60–90 days.
- At the completion
of your project turn in a photo and impact statement to Psi Chi.
Who should apply?
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
Who is Mamie Phipps Clark?
Mamie Phipps Clark was the first African American woman to earn a PhD in psychology from
Columbia University. She graduated in 1943.
The application portal will open approximately 30 days before the deadline.