What is it?
- An award of $2,000 to recognize an outstanding
officer team. The chapter retains $1,000, and the other $1,000 is divided
equally among the officers.
- The chapter also receives a commemorative plaque.
How does it work?
- Officer teams serving in the current or previous academic years may apply.
- The chapter may not have won this award in the previous three years, or the Ruth Hubbard Cousins Chapter award during the same year.
- The officer team must have been active in providing leadership to the local chapter resulting in a record of achievements demonstrating abilities to achieve management objectives through collaboration.
- The faculty advisor and/or chair of the department writes a letter supporting the application and affirming the submitted items are correct.
Who should apply?
Officer teams that have seen significant and demonstrable
results from their leadership.
Who is Kay Wilson?
Kay Wilson was the Psi Chi
Executive Director from 1991–2003. Her excellent leadership skills were
evident, because during her 12-year tenure:
amount of awards and grants available increased from $5,000 to $225,000,
number of chapters rose from 734 to 1,013.
The application portal will open approximately 30 days before the deadline.