What is it?
- An award of $2,000 to recognize an outstanding
officer team. The chapter retains $1,000, and the other $1,000 is divided
equally among the officers.
- The chapter also receives a commemorative plaque.
How does it work?
- The officer team leads the chapter in service
projects, research efforts, psychology-related activities, and as members of
- The chapter completes the requirements to win
the Model Chapter Award.
- The chapter enjoys useful, educational
programming throughout the year.
- The faculty advisor or the department chair
writes a letter certifying all of the information in the application is true.
- The officer team completes the application for
Who should apply?
Officer teams that have seen significant and demonstrable
results from their leadership.
Who is Kay Wilson?
Kay Wilson was the Psi Chi
Executive Director from 1991–2003. Her excellent leadership skills were
evident, because during her 12-year tenure:
amount of awards and grants available increased from $5,000 to $225,000,
number of chapters rose from 734 to 1,013.