Welcome to the Western Region of Psi Chi!
As a student with a busy life, you may find it difficult to keep up with all of the important dates and deadlines related to the western region of Psi Chi. I update this section regularly to keep you informed of everything important. Check back often, and stay in the loop.
- Mark April 27–30, 2017, on your calendar to attend the annual WPA convention in Sacramento, CA. If you plan on attending, consider participating in the Psi Chi Chapter Exchange on Saturday, April 29.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the following Awards/Grants/Scholarships with deadlines this spring and summer: Unrestricted Travel Grants–Summer (up to $1,500, May 5), Division 52/Psi Chi International Travel Grant ($1,500, June 30), APA Convention Society Research Awards ($300 for undergrads and $500 for graduate students, April 15), APS Convention Society Research Awards ($300 for undergrads and $500 for graduate students, April 15), Undergraduate Research Grants–Summer (up to $3,500, May 1), Noba + Psi Chi Student Video Award ($2,500, May 12), and Psi Chi Undergraduate Scholarships ($3,000, July 4). View all Psi Chi Awards and Grants.
- Complete collaborative research to increase your research experiences and potentially get published.
- Nominate your chapter or advisor for an award from Psi Chi. There are also grants for undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty to pursue research. Learn more HERE.
- Plan to submit your research to the Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research.
- Visit our Facebook Page.
Ethan McMahan, PhD
Western Regional VP
Ethan A. McMahan, PhD
Western Oregon University
Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Canada–British Columbia
"The Science of Inside Out"
by Psi Chi Distinguished Lecturer, Dr. Dacher Keltner, at WPA 2016 in Long Beach, CA.
Learn more about upcoming conventions.