Welcome to the Western Region of Psi Chi!
As an excellent student with a busy life, you may find it difficult to keep up with all of the important dates and deadlines related to the western region. I update this section regularly to keep you informed of everything important. Check back often, and stay in the loop.
- Mark April 28–May 1, 2016, on your calendar to attend the annual WPA convention in Long Beach, CA. Proposals to present at WPA are due November 16. Please note that student Psi Chi members may elect to submit proposals for a special poster session that WPA has reserved for Psi Chi. Psi Chi members presenting in the Psi Chi Poster Session will also be eligible for a Psi Chi Regional Research Award.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the following Awards and Grants with deadlines this fall: Diversity Article Awards ($600, October 15), Undergraduate Research Grants (up to $1,500, November 2), SuperLab Research Grants (software, October 1), Thelma Hunt Research Grant ($3,000, November 2), Mamie Phipps Clark Research Grants (up to $1,500, November 2), FBI NCAVC Intern (up to $7,000, October 1), and Unrestricted Travel Grants (up to $1,500, December 4). View all upcoming awards and grants HERE.
- Complete collaborative research to increase your research experiences and potentially get published.
- Nominate your chapter or advisor for an award from Psi Chi. There are also grants for undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty to pursue research. Learn more HERE.
- Plan to submit your research to the Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research.
- Visit our Facebook Page.
Ethan McMahan, PhD
Western Regional VP