Live. Learn. Intern. 2007 Summer Institutes
LIVE. LEARN. INTERN. SUMMER INSTITUTES
This summer: June 9 – August 4, 2007
Georgetown University, Washington, DC www.dcinternships.org PRIORITY DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 1, 2007
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies
in partnership with Georgetown University, the Institutes combine substantive internships,
courses for academic credit, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by prominent policy experts.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the Final Deadline of March 1, 2007.
Students applying by the Priority Deadline of February 1, 2007
are given preference in admissions and scholarship decisions as well as internship placement.
Four eight-week programs are offered in the following subject areas:
- Politics and Economics
- Journalism and Public Relations
- Business and Government Affairs
- Nonprofit and Community Service
The Institutes combine hands-on professional experience for 30 hours a week with a challenging academic experience at Georgetown University. These fast-paced, residential programs provide students from around the world with the opportunities to gain an edge in job placements and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
- Internships: Competitive placements with top sites in D.C.
- Classes: Up to 9 transferable credits from Georgetown University
- Housing: Furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of D.C.
- Guest Lectures: With Washington’s top policy and industry experts
- Site Briefings: At the White House Complex, State Department, U.S. House of Representatives and Federal Reserve
- Leadership & Professional Development: Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
- Networking: Interaction with hundreds of other student leaders from around of the world
- Scholarships: Over half of all students receive full or partial funding based on merit and financial need
For more information and an online application, please visit www.dcinternships.org
or contact Mary Connell, Recruitment and Admissions Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to request an informational brochure:www.dcinternships.org/tfas/brochure/index.asp