Allyn & Bacon Awards
To recognize the best overall unpublished empirical research paper. This program is sponsored by Allyn & Bacon Publishers, and is open to all undergraduate Psi Chi members.
Cash awards will be presented to the winners as follows:
1st place $1,000 | 2nd place $650 | 3rd place $350 In addition, each winner and faculty sponsor will receive a certificate of recognition.
All Psi Chi undergraduate members are eligible to submit their research for the Allyn & Bacon Psychology Awards. Each first author must:
- be an undergraduate
- be a Psi Chi member
- is only allowed one submission
Authors may submit the same paper to Allyn & Bacon and Guilford Award competitions, but cannot win both awards.
STYLE / STANDARDS
- Papers must be currently unpublished
- Written in English conforming to APA style.
- The text of the paper is limited to 12 pages in 12-point font (double-spaced). In addition to the 12 pages of text, the paper should include a title page, an abstract (up to 120 words), references, and any necessary tables, figures, or notes.
- Poor spelling and grammar will be penalized.
- All papers must be masked. Type your Psi Chi member ID number in place of your name on the title page. Make every attempt to conceal the identity of the school, faculty advisor, and applicant within the paper by typing an X in place of the name.
The automatically assigned application ID number will serve as a unique identifier for each submission.
- Submit online at https://www.scholarselect.com/scholarships/3448-2011-12-allyn--bacon-psychology-awards. The link for submissions is active at least one month prior to the submission deadline.
- Submissions are accepted online until midnight Hawaii time on May 1. Late entries will not be accepted.