Undergraduate Research Grant 2002-2003 Winners
Twelve Psi Chi members are recipients of the 2002-03 Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Grants. The winners, along with their schools, research advisors, and project titles, are listed in alphabetical order below.
- Sarah C. Haag, Humboldt State University
Research Advisor: Dr. Kristina Schmukler
Project Title: "Implicit and Explicit Attitudes Towards Hate Crimes Against Gay Men"
- Kristen Lewandowski, Augustana College
Research Advisor: Dr. Daniel Corts
Project Title: "What's Love Got to Do With It: A Cross Cultural Comparison of Love Styles and Beliefs of University Students"
- Christina Raguckas, Franklin and Marshall College
Research Advisor: Dr. Mary Ratterman
Project Title: "The Effects of Implicit Theories of Intelligence on Performance of Children with Mild Mental Retardation"
- Tiina Ristikari, Rhode Island College
Research Advisor: Dr. Thomas Malloy
Project Title: "Status Discrepant Dyad Interactions"
- Tulora S. Roeckers, Washburn University
Research Advisor: Dr. Joanne Altman "Effects of Hair Length, Hair Color, and Facial Symmetry on Perceived Attractiveness"
- Kristina Ruth Schmulder, Humboldt State University
Research Advisor: Dr. Gregg J. Gold
Project Title: "The Social Neuroscience of Predicting Intentions and Behaviors of Others"
- Chanda Simkin, Christian Brothers University
Research Advisor: Dr. Rodney J. Vogl. "The Effects of a Source's Attractiveness and the Buyer's Need
for Cognition on Persuasion: To Buy or Not to Buy"
- Harold E. Trantham Jr., University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Research Advisor: Dr. Cheryl Lynch
Project Title: "Psychoneuro-immune Response in Cancer Patients: Spirituality, Mood, & Personality as Correlates of Physiological Mediation"
- Lisa Tully, University of California, San Diego
Research Advisor: Dr. Laura Schreibman
Project Title: "Speech Sound Development in Non-Verbal & Minimally Verbal Children with Autism"
- Jordan Rose Wagge, Northern Kentucky University
Research Advisor: Dr. Mark E. Bardgett
Project Title: "Chemistry and Learning: The Effects of a Mg2+ Deficient Diet on Learning and Memory in Mice"
- Ostin M. Warren, Concordia College
Research Advisor: Dr. Susan J. Larson
Project Title: "The Effects of Immune Activation on Social Behavior in Adult and Adolescent Rats"
- Jennifer M. Yanni, Westfield State College
Research Advisor: Dr. Susan Dutch
Project Title: "Decision Making and The Retirement Process"