Undergraduate Research Grant 1999-2000 Winners
Sixteen winners are announced as recipients of Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Grants (1999-2000). This competition provides funds for Psi Chi members to defray the cost of conducting a research project. The winners, along with their schools, research advisors, and project titles are listed below (in alphabetical order).
- Erica Bearden, Christian Brothers University (TN) (research advisor Dr. Sandra Nicks), "Marital Status and Living Conditions as Predictors of Relationship Satisfaction."
- LeeAnn Cardaciotto, Franklin & Marshall College (PA) (research advisor Dr. Frances M. Sessa), "Gender and Ethnic Differences in Rumination."
- Nancy R. Clanton, University of Alabama (research advisor Dr. John E. Lochman), "The Effectiveness of Analogue Interventions With Reactive and Proactive Aggressive Children."
- Kerry Drozdowicz, University of Connecticut (research advisor Dr. Steven Mellor), "Adult Egocentrism as a Mediator of the Relationship Between American Individualism and Support for Community-friendly Legislation."
- Mary E. Ellis, Bridgewater State College (research advisor Dr. Ruth Hannon), "Fatal Accidents and Their Relationship to Psychosomatic Disease in Tow Truck Operators."
- Michelle Herman, Pepperdine University (CA) (research advisor Dr. Khanh Bui), "Implicit and Explicit Attitudes Toward Obesity."
- William Jones, University of Scranton (PA) (research advisor Dr. Carole Slotterback), "Allocation of Personal Visits for Nurse's Aid Personnel."
- Jebby F. Lacey, Westminster College (research advisor Dr. Ted Jaeger), "Long-term Recognition: Are False Memories Affected by Modality, Time Delay or Lure Quantity?"
- Ryan LaLumiere, Mt. St. Mary's College (MD) (research advisor Dr. Nicholas Kierniesky), "The Effects of Adolescent Exposure to Caffeine and Methylphenidate in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats."
- Lisa Maurey, Otterbein College (OH) (research advisor Dr. Michele Acker), "An Exploration Into Circumstances Predicting Corporal Punishment of Children: Does the Presence of Danger Increase the Likelihood of Spanking?"
- Tasha R. Moore, North Carolina A&T State University (research advisor Dr. Anthony R. Perry), "A Cross-sectional Study of Ethnic and Racial Development."
- Emily C. Mull, Albion College (MI) (research advisor Dr. Amy Otto), "The Effect of Victim Age and Relationship to Assailant on Attribution of Blame in Rape Cases."
- Kimberly Muske, Indiana University South Bend (research advisor Dr. Paul Schnur), "Effect of Imagery-induced Craving on Selective Attention to Smoking-related Stimuli."
- Lora Park, University of Washington (research advisor Dr. Anthony Greenwald), "The Role of Implicit Attitudes in Female Students' Decisions to Persist in Math, Science, and Engineering."
- Matthew Sharpe, Geneseo State University (research advisor Dr. Donna Giles), "Predicting Recurrence of Major Depression in an At-Risk Sample Using Polysomnography and Clinical Report."
- Ivy Williams, North Carolina A&T State University (research advisor Dr. Phyllis Ford-Booker), "How Classroom Performance is Influenced by Students' Cognitive Styles and Class Attendance."