Psi Chi Program at 2009 APS
Conference: 21st Annual APS Convention
Women Hate Men, Men Won't Ask for Directions: Fact or Myth?
Nora S. Newcombe, James H Glackin Distinguished Faculty Fellow, Temple University
Saturday, May 23
1:00 PM — 2:20 PM
Yerba Buena Rooms 1 - 3
Do men and women differ in their spatial learning and abilities? This talk will address whether there are gender-related differences, why any such differences might occur, and how abilities can be improved.
Successfully Advising a Psi Chi Chapter
Chair: Vincent Prohaska
Participants: Susan Dutch, Ngoc Bui, and Kate Marsland
Sunday, May 24
3:00 PM — 4:20 PM
Nob Hill Rooms C & D
Faculty advisors play an important role in the vitality, continuity and success of Psi Chi chapters. This "how to" workshop offers advice and suggestions to current and future advisors, including building chapter community, dealing with officer transitions, anticipating problems, and getting involved at the regional and national levels. Resources and supports will also be discussed.
Poster Session V
Saturday, May 23
Golden Gate Hall
- Askari, Sabrina, Young Adults' Ideal and Actual Expectations for Future Division of Household Labor, University of Mary Washington (VA)
- Getz, Laura, Music Training Does Not Increase Shadowing Accuracy in a Dichotic-Listenng Task, Elizabethtown College (PA)
- Higgins, Sabrina, The Foster Child Attitude Scale, Morningside College (IA)
- Li, Nanxin, Isolation Rearing Impairs Cognative Flexibility in Rats: Implication for Schizophrenia, Yale University (CT)
- Rostad, Whitney, Parents in the Dorm Room, Gonzaga University (WA)
- Shepard, Melissa A., "I'll Get that for You": The Relationship Between Benevolent Sexism and Objectification, University of Mary Washington (VA)