PSI CHI DIGEST #191
October 12, 2012
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PsiChiCentralOffice
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/PsiChiHonor
Join us on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/HSiVA3
Did You Know Psi Chi Is LinkedIn?
Join our current group of over 2,000 members for discussions covering a range of topics including careers and graduate schools. Coming soon, we will have guest speakers who will share their expertise and career experience. Send a request to join at http://linkd.in/HSiVA3
Awards and Grants Deadlines
November 1 Deadline:
Regional Research Awards:
All Psi Chi members (undergraduate and graduate) are eligible to submit their research for the Regional Research Awards. Cash awards of $300 each are presented to students submitting the best research papers to Psi Chi sessions at regional conventions. A total of 78 awards are available every academic year. Deadlines for submissions vary according to region:
- Eastern Region (November 1)
- Midwestern Region (November 11)
- Western Region (November 15)
- Southwestern Region (November 30)
- Rocky Mountain Region (January 13)
Late Deadline for Model Chapter Award:
October 15 is the deadline for late claim Model Chapter Awards. If you believe you have won a Model Chapter award and were not acknowledged, please let us know so that we can submit your name for recognition in 2011-12. No further Model Chapter Awards for 2011-12 will be distributed after this date.
Answer a 10-Question Leadership Survey and Qualify for $25 Gift Card Towards Psi Chi Merchandise
Let us know your chapter’s leadership needs in terms of information, training, and advice. Psi Chi is committed to enhancing members’ leadership skills through its programming at the six regional conventions. Complete our survey and we will put you in our drawing for two $25 gift cards for Psi Chi merchandise! Go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R7ZCCKN to take the survey.
- Nominate a doctoral dissertation in psychology for the James McKeen Cattell Award. Each department may nominate one dissertation. Send your submissions to Dr. Janet Sigal at Janet2822@aol.com by November 15.
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Psychology Department is looking for poster and datablitz talk submissions from students interested in presenting research on the intersection of law and social psychology at the SPSP Social Psychology and Law Preconference in New Orleans, LA on January 17. Details can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/socialpsychologyandlaw/.
The Psi Chi Digest is an e-news letter from the Central Office. It is sent
to all chapters and those members who choose to subscribe. Chapter officers and
advisors should share relevant news with their members. Contact us at:
PH (423) 756-2044 | FX (877) 774-2443 | firstname.lastname@example.org
REGULAR MAIL: Psi Chi Central Office; PO Box 709; Chattanooga, TN 37401-0709