Psi Chi Digest #32
Please read the brief announcements below and share all information with your chapter.
UNDERGRADUATE PSYCHOLOGY RESEARCH CONFERENCE FUNDING AVAILABLE
The Psi Chi National Council has voted its approval of allocating $10,000 this year to support local/regional undergraduate psychology research conferences. The maximum grant for each conference will be $1,000. Grants will be given for conferences that are sponsored by one or more schools. At least one of the schools sponsoring the conference must have a Psi Chi chapter. For complete information about these new grants and to download an application form, go online now.
REGIONAL CONVENTION SUBMISSION DEADLINES
Student research submission deadlines for several regional conventions are rapidly approaching. Listed by date: SEPA - Oct 12 (intent), EPA - Oct 15, MPA - Nov 1, SWPA - Nov 2, WPA - Nov 13, RMPA - Jan 11, SEPA - Jan 11 (abstract). Go to the following URL and then navigate to your respective region for submission information.
TOP 10 QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT MEMBERSHIP
Of all questions asked about membership in Psi Chi, questions concerning transfer students and can members be inducted after graduation get asked most frequently of the National Office. Psi Chi addresses these two questions in full at this URL, but is also including a brief summary of each question and answer in this email as well.
* QUESTION 1: What are the membership requirements for transfers from
* other institutions? What about students who were Psi Chi members at
* other chapters? What about students who were Psi Beta members?
* ANSWER: "All students transferring into your school must meet
* your chapter's membership requirements, unless they are transferring
* from another Psi Chi chapter...
* QUESTION 2: Can students be inducted into Psi Chi after graduation?
* ANSWER: "Since students may not be inducted after they have
* graduated, Psi Chi suggests holding an induction of new members at
* least once a semester, as soon as..."