- Eligibility is confined to paper/posters of which the first author is a Psi Chi member. The student must be registered as an accepted Psi Chi member by the contest deadline in order to be eligible for the award. Pending memberships will not be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to resolve any issues regarding membership before the close of the application period.
- Empirically based papers/posters are accepted.
- The regional vice-presidents will administer the regional research awards.
- The presenter must be present at the convention to receive the award. The awards will be presented by the Psi Chi regional vice-presidents at the regional conventions, sometimes only during an awards ceremony. Check your convention schedule.
- Awards are for papers/posters rather than individual authors; awards will go to the first authors for distribution, with any faculty members being precluded from the monetary distribution.
- 78 Regional Research Awards of $300 each will be awarded annually. Additional awards may be given during any fiscal year as the budget allows. The distribution of the awards is currently:
- Eastern Region—16 awards
- Midwestern Region—24 awards
- Rocky Mountain Region—6 awards
- Southeastern Region—16 awards
- Southwestern Region—12 awards
- Western Region—12 awards
- Ties are possible, with the money being split between the first authors of the tied papers.
- A paper may not receive both a regional award and an APA or APS Conference Psi Chi Society award.
- Both graduate and undergraduate members are eligible for the awards.
- Psi Chi student members may submit their research to any region.
RIGHT SIDEBAR CONTENT GOES HEREm ds ds ds ds sd ds ds d sds s ds s d d s d dsdsd