Psi Chi Seeks New Diversity Director
We are now accepting applications for our next Diversity Director (due October 15). With a purpose of ensuring that the Society reflects the rich diversity of people and perspectives in psychology, this part-time appointment includes a $5,000 annual stipend (paid quarterly) and limited travel funds to support the promotion of Psi Chi diversity initiatives. Learn more.
The role of the Psi Chi Diversity Advisory Committee (DAC) shall be to ensure that the Society reflects the rich diversity of people and perspectives in psychology. Although the focus of diversity initiatives within Psi Chi may vary over time and circumstance, it is likely that the major initiatives of the DAC will address issues of race, culture, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and physical ability. The DAC shall oversee and assess all initiatives related to diversity.
Attend to diversity issues within Psi Chi, support diversity in the science and practice of psychology, and develop methods of assessing the degree to which Psi Chi is meeting its diversity goals. As one example of the Committee's tasks, the Board of Directors often calls upon the Diversity Committee to help with programming at the regional conventions.
- Serves as a resource for the Vice-Presidents to ensure diversity programming is available at the regional conventions.
- Reviews Vice-President diversity programming requests.
- Reviews Mamie Phipps Clark grant applications.
- Attends national and international diversity conferences as representatives of Psi Chi.
- Maintains contact with the Executive Director to report activities on behalf of Psi Chi and the Diversity Advisory Committee.
- Develops initiatives that meet the mission and vision of Psi Chi and the Diversity Advisory Committee.
Visit our Publication Search for Psi Chi articles about "Diversity."
Sonia Dhaliwal, PhD
University of Missouri
Lori A. Barker, PhD
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Julia Lechuga, PhD
University of Texas–El Paso
Kimarie Engerman, PhD
University of the Virgin Islands
Alicia Briganti, PhD
Dalton State College (GA)
Monica Skewes, PhD
Montana State University
Martha Zlokovich, PhD
Psi Chi Executive Director and Board Liason