The Board of Directors of Psi Chi is made up mostly of members who are elected. The Central Office occasionally receives questions about the election cycles, the length of members’ terms, and other inquiries related to governance of the Organization.
Board of Directors/Elections Questions
What are the offices
that make up the Board?
Each year, Psi Chi members elect a President. That person serves one year as President-Elect, one as President,
and one as Past-President.
- Eastern Regional Vice-President
- Midwestern Regional Vice-President
- Rocky Mountain Regional Vice-President
- Southeastern Regional Vice-President
- Southwestern Regional Vice-President
- Western Regional Vice-President
In odd numbered years, Psi Chi members of the Eastern, Rocky Mountain, and Western Regions elect new regional VPs. In even numbered years, Psi Chi members of the Midwestern, Southeastern, and SouthwesternRegions elect new regional VPs.
The Executive Director is hired by the
Board to promote Psi Chi, make connections with new universities and
professional organizations, and act as an ambassador for the Organization
around the globe.
How can my chapter submit a nomination?
All chapters are encouraged to submit nominations for President-Elect annually, and to submit nominations for Regional Vice-Presidents during the years that elections are being held.
To submit a nomination, the faculty advisor should
- log in at psichi.org, using the Faculty Advisor username and password,
- select the role as the faculty advisor,
- click "Continue to admin panel" to arrive at the Faculty Advisor Admin page,
- scroll down to "Nominations” in the "Voting" section, and
- follow the prompts, filling in all required fields.
When can my chapter submit nominations?
Nominations open November 1 and are accepted until December 15 of each year.
Who is qualified to be nominated?
To be a candidate for President-Elect, a nominee must have served as a Board member for at least 2 years within the last 10 years. Generally speaking, excellent faculty advisors make outstanding Regional Vice-Presidents. Candidates must agree to serve before being nominated.
Who votes in Psi Chi elections?
Each chapter gets one vote. Chapters are encouraged to hold meetings and review the candidates' position statements when they are posted on our website.
How are ballots cast?