PSI CHI DIGEST #249 | May 22, 2015
Please let us know how we can best assist you throughout the year at firstname.lastname@example.org
In This Edition of the Digest
• Enjoy Your Summer Break!
• Visit Us in New York or Toronto
• New Psi Chi Journal Issue
• Psi Chi Surfing Summer Savings
• Mark Your Calendar
• NEPA Convention
• Other Opportunity
Enjoy Your Summer Break!
Another challenging academic year has come and gone. Congratulations to all Psi Chi members for your many achievements!
- Undergrads, be sure to apply for awards and grants, and use your summer wisely by volunteering on behalf of Psi Chi in your community.
- Graduating seniors, please keep your e-mail addresses up to date at psichi.org, and stay involved in Psi Chi by maintaining a relationship with your local chapter.
- Graduate students, consider transferring your membership to your graduate institution to engage with Psi Chi again if you have not already done so.
- Advisors, keep in touch with your officers during the summer to ensure that your chapter gets off to a strong start this fall.
- Alumni, check out our new webpage on reconnecting with the Society.
Visit Us in New York or Toronto
If you are in New York this weekend at the 2015 APS Convention, please stop by Psi Chi’s Exhibit Booth (#510) where we will have free Psi Chi swag, copies of Psi Chi Journal and Eye on Psi Chi, and handouts about Psi Chi and our partners.
Then, begin preparations today to join us in Toronto for the 2015 APA Convention on August 6–9, 2015. Our APA Distinguished Lecturer, Dr. Eric Eich, will present “Building a Better Psychological Science.”
View Psi Chi’s complete APS and APA programs to learn more.
New Psi Chi Journal Issue
You can now cool down in a shady spot with the new Summer 20.2 Issue of Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research. Enlightening articles include “College Students’ Perceptions of Inappropriate and Appropriate Facebook Disclosures” and “Nyctophobia: From Imagined to Realistic Fears of the Dark.” Complementary copies are already on the way to your chapter’s current mailing address, or you may download a free copy HERE with your Psi Chi login.
Psi Chi Surfing Summer Savings
Try saying that five times fast. Then, catch a wave to Psi Chi’s online store to treat yourself and support your Honor Society.
- Plan your summer with style! Our Pebble Grain Zippered Portfolio is embossed with the Psi Chi Seal and includes a 40-page writing pad, a calculator, four card holders, three interior pockets, and a mesh ID holder.
- Stand out in a great way with our WOW-Pink Short-Sleeve T-Shirts! These shirts are made by Hanes® with 100% preshrunk cotton and tag-free labels.
- For a limited time only, all Long-Sleeve T-Shirts are 15% off (with promo code: SALE15). A variety of colors and sizes are currently available.
Don't forget! Like the tides, our Closeout Section changes often. Be sure to check frequently before products you might desire are gone forever!
Mark Your Calendar
• Model Chapter Awards—June 15, 2015
• GEICO/Psi Chi Undergraduate Scholarships—June 30, 2015
• APAGS/Psi Chi Junior Scientist Fellowship Grants—June 30, 2015
Plan to attend the New England Psychological Association Convention on October 9, 2015, at Fitchburg State University (MA). The convention is open to students, faculty, practitioners, and professionals involved in all areas of the psychological sciences. Submissions are due June 8, 2015, and NEPA will continue to receive and review posters through September 18, 2015.
Kenneth B. and Mamie P. Clark Grant
The American Psychological Foundation is giving a $10,000 grant to support research and demonstration activities about the understanding of the relationship between self-identity and academic achievement. Graduate students with studies emphasizing children in K–8 grade levels are encouraged to apply by June 15, 2015.