Lisa Norman is the Associate Director of Membership Services at the Psi Chi Central Office and has provided answers for some of the most frequently asked questions regarding faculty advisors.
How do I access the Faculty Advisor Admin page?
- Log in at www.psichi.org with your Faculty Advisor Admin profile.
- Click "Admin" in the top menu.
- Click your role as "Faculty Advisor"
- Click "Continue to admin panel" to arrive at the Faculty Advisor Admin page.
How do I invite prospective members to join our Psi Chi chapter?
Prospective members can now apply directly online by selecting JOIN near the upper left of the Psi Chi homepage. On the Faculty Advisor Admin page, advisors are encouraged to look under Advisor Resources for downloadable Invitation Templates that can easily be customized for your chapter and e-mailed or handed out at your next recruitment event. The Chapter Handbook on the Member Admin and Faculty Advisor Admin pages also contains lots of additional recruitment advice.
In the past, I entered my members online. Has the process changed?
Yes. The new website has a direct and efficient application process that allows prospective members to enter their own information online and submit electronically for your review and approval.
How do I view prospective member applications?
You can view these applications by logging in with your Faculty Advisor Admin username and password. Select "View/Process Members" at the top of the page. You will see a table displaying applicants' names and their status (pending). To see a student's application, click on the name. For full instructions on processing new members, download the PDF to the right of "View/Process Members" called New Member Process Instructions
How do I submit new
You can pay by credit card or check. Log in to the website with your chapter Faculty Advisor Admin username and password, and go to "View/Process Members" at the top of the page. For full instructions on approving and submitting payment for members, download the New Member Process Instructions.
Once I pay for new members, when will I receive their cards and certificates?
Please allow at least three weeks between payment and receipt of cards and certificates.
Where can I find the
paperwork/forms our chapter needs?
All forms are now online and can be found on the Faculty Advisor Admin page.
We are switching faculty
advisors. What do we need to do?
- Log in and go to your Faculty Advisor Admin page.
- Choose "Add Primary or Coadvisor" under "Chapter Updates."
- Click the "Advisor/Officer Add" button above the list.
- In the "Role to Assign" drop down, choose the role for the new advisor.
- Select the start and end dates for that advisor.
- Select a member to assign to the role in the list.
- Once you select the member, click the "Add" button near the bottom of the page.
- If the name of the new advisor doesn't appear on the list, please contact Membership Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (423) 771-9971. We may need to add the new advisor or transfer them from their original chapter.
Where can I find out
about Psi Chi ceremonies and rituals?
This information is available on the Faculty Advisor Admin page in the Chapter Materials section.