Susan Iles is the Director of Communications at Psi Chi and oversees publications, social media, and logo and reprint permissions.
Publications and Logos Questions
How do I submit our
Chapter Activities to Eye on Psi Chi?
We love to get activity reports from chapters! We have
simplified the process so that it is as quick and painless as possible. The submission
form is on the Faculty Advisor Admin and Officer Admin pages. Submissions are accepted year-round with quarterly deadlines on
- June 30 (Fall issue)
- September 30 (Winter issue)
- November 30 (Spring issue)
- January 30 (Summer issue)
Can I use Psi Chi's Logos?
The short answer is yes, so long as you follow these three rules.
- Always use one of the eight specific Logo designs provided HERE (accessible to faculty advisors and officers only). Never alter these designs, create your own designs, or use Psi Chi’s Seal, which is reserved for Central Office use only.
- Follow all rules provided in our Brand Identity Guide, which outlines appropriate implementation of our Logos, typography, colors, photography, and more. Your support in this matter helps to distinguish Psi Chi as a Professional Organization, shape our distinct style, maintain continuity across chapters, establish our international brand, and assist our members.
- If you intend to use one of our Logos for external or commercial purposes (e.g., producing T-shirts or any other items that may be sold), the faculty advisor alone must review Psi Chi’s Trademark Use Policies for Chapters and Members and complete our Commercial Vendor Trademark Request Form at the bottom of that page.
Is my article more
suitable for Eye on Psi Chi or for Psi Chi Journal of Psychological
Eye on Psi Chi publishes feature articles about
various branches of psychology, graduate school, building strong chapters, as
well as chapter activities, spotlights on awards and grants winners, and much
more Psi Chi-specific content. View complete submission guidelines.
The Psi Chi Journal of
Psychological Research publishes empirical research conducted by undergraduates,
graduate students, and faculty members. View complete submission guidelines.
What is a "masked"
A masked submission
is a manuscript from which all information that could be used to identify the
author has been removed including
- names of the author(s) and faculty advisor,
- the institution’s name, and
How do I subscribe to Psi Chi Digest, Eye on Psi Chi, or Psi Chi Journal of Psychological
You can manage your subscriptions by logging and visiting your Member Admin page.
How long can I submit
a paper to the Psi Chi Journal of
Psychological Research after it is written?
You can submit your work at any time. However, if you wrote a paper as an undergraduate and you are now a graduate student, it will
be reviewed relative to work by other graduate students.
Can I submit my work
to the Psi Chi Journal and several other scholarly publications?
The vast majority of professional journals prohibit
duplicate publication. Standard practice includes authors signing an agreement
stating that they will not publish elsewhere when a manuscript is accepted.
When research appears in more than one place, results may be
misconstrued or distorted. For example, if one paper is published in several
journals, the results may appear to be more replicable than they actually are.
If your work is rejected by one publication, you can submit
it to another, but only one at a time.
literature reviews accepted in the Journal?
We only accept empirical articles, so the author(s) must
present some original data. We do not accept reviews for the Journal.
How can I obtain a
copy of my article in its published form?
The electronic versions of the Journal and Eye on Psi Chi are available free to members on our website shortly after
publication. Because Psi Chi membership is for life, members have indefinite access to our publications online. Journal authors also receive a free print copy of the issue with their article.
Are papers published
in the Psi Chi Journal broadly available for citation by the scientific
community? Will publications be available to literature searches?
Upon publication of each issue, Psi Chi Journal articles are uploaded to PsycINFO and EBSCO databases. Our Journal is included in
the academic library product called Academic Search Complete. This product is
available in library locations at colleges and universities around the
world. Anyone affiliated with an institution that has made an arrangement to
have the database would be able to use this for conducting research. More details
about the database are available HERE.