- An annual total of $112,500 in funding to assist with expenses directly related to undergraduate research projects.
- Each applicant may request up to $1,500 for a standard research grant.
- Applicants who will need to travel 50 miles one way to collect or analyze data, work in a laboratory, collaborate in person with the Faculty Sponsor and or co-investigators or otherwise need to travel significant distances to complete the research project have the option to provide evidence of travel and apply for a larger grant in the amount of $3,500.
- The 8 highest scoring applications in each round will receive an additional stipend for the Faculty Sponsor in the amount of $1,500 up to the annual maximum budget of $36,000 divided over the three rounds.
- Research that focuses on diversity topics will be automatically considered for the Mamie Phipps Clark Research Grant through this application. The number of Mamie Phipps Clark recipients is dependent upon the number of eligible applications.
Deadlines are November 1, February 1, and May 1 or the closest weekday.
- Plan your research project for success with your team and/or faculty sponsor. Pick the deadline out of three that best suits you.
- Identify the faculty member who will serve as a sponsor and oversee the research if you did not start out with one.
- Write a proposal and budget for your research project.
- Submit any evidence you have of the need to relocate or of significant travel over 50 miles one way related to the project in order to qualify for a $3,500 grant.
- Obtain IRB approval if applicable before beginning the project.
- After receiving recipient notification, claim grant funds immediately by filling out the short claim online.
Proposals with multiple authors
are accepted, but the first author listed should be:
- the primary author and principle investigator,
- an undergraduate student,
- a member of Psi Chi and,
- responsible for ensuring grant funds are used on the project
Applicants may only submit one proposal per round and may only receive one Undergraduate Research Grant per year.
The application portal will open approximately 30 days before the deadline.