Eye on Psi Chi - Feature Article Submission
We are seeking articles from both professional and scholarly experts in the field of psychology. In addition, undergraduate and graduate students who have acquired extensive knowledge in chapter development, personal development, and graduate admissions are also welcome to submit.
Eye on Psi Chi magazine is published quarterly by Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology for chapter members and alumni. Psi Chi was founded in 1929 with the purpose of encouraging excellence in scholarship and advancing the science of psychology. Consider sharing your expertise and knowledge with over 1,000 senior colleges and universities (US and international) by submitting an article to Eye on Psi Chi.
Topics of Interest
We are looking for articles that would be of interest to Psi Chi members, particularly in the following categories:
- Current issues in psychology (includes the various fields of psychology such as clinical, counseling, educational, experimental, forensic, industrial/organizational, social, and sports psychology—just to name a few)
- Chapter development (includes chapter growth and unity, participation in conventions, successful fundraising activities, etc.)
- Personal development (includes careers, graduate school admissions/programs, leadership, self-improvement, study skills, etc.)
To learn more about the type of articles published, browse our archived articles by category.
Eye on Psi Chi is not the publication for formal research articles by undergraduates. Such research articles are better suited for submission to the Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research.
- Length of article: 1,500–2,000 words (3,000 word maximum including references)
- Software: MS Word (electronic submissions only)
- Format: APA style
- Photos/graphics: high resolution photos (300 dpi or 1 MB minimum) in TIFF, JPEG, or EPS format; graphics in EPS or AI format (vector files only)
- Biographical statement: 150–200 words
- Category: list the area that best describes your article (View the list of categories)
- Review time: 3–6 months
Our editors review all articles and authors may be asked to make revisions before publishing. Psi Chi editors reserve the right to make editorial changes to ensure that articles conform to APA style, are written with proper grammar and spelling, and will fit the space available in the magazine. Author’s agreement to publish implies acceptance of all changes.
All authors must agree to transfer to Psi Chi the exclusive rights of the article if it is published in Eye on Psi Chi. Authors are require to sign a standard copyright agreement.
Eye on Psi Chi is published quarterly—Spring (February), Summer (April), Fall (August), and Winter (November). Article submissions for specific issues must be submitted six months before the publication date.
If you are interested in submitting an article, please attach your document (and photos) and submit below. If you have any questions about the submission requirements, please contact the
Director of Publishing. You will be notified by email of its acceptance. Please allow several months for your article to be accepted, reviewed, and published.