Regional Travel Grant
Regional Travel Grant Information
Deadline: February 1
Winning applicants will receive funding of up to $400 to attend EPA, MPA, RMPA, SEPA, SWPA, or WPA. Annually $33,000 is available for this program with $4,500 available per convention and an additional $6,000 available to fund attendance at any of the six regional conventions.
To provide travel funding for Psi Chi student members to be able to attend and/or present at a regional convention and to create a positive impact on the functioning of their home chapter.
At the time of submission, the applicant must be:
- a Psi Chi member, and
- either a graduate or undergraduate student.
Although presenting at the conference is one of the screening criteria, it is not required. The impact of the student’s participation in the regional conference on her/his local chapter is the primary criterion for selection as a regional travel award winner.
- Papers must be an electronic document written in English conforming strictly to the instructions in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The text of the submission is limited to 3 pages in 12-point font (double-spaced) excluding the letter of recommendation and submission form.
- Poor spelling and grammar will undermine otherwise sound submissions.
- Submit proposals online at www.psichi.org under the AWARDS/GRANTS section. The link for submissions is available at least one month prior to the submission deadline.
- Submissions are accepted online until midnight local time on February 1. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Essay (most important criterion and weighted triple): This should explain the impact attendance at the conference will have on the local chapter and how that impact will be generated. The essay is limited to 500 words.
- Statement of Financial Need: An explanation, limited to 200 words, of why funding is needed.
- Budget: Include the amount requested and for what purpose (e.g., airfare, accommodation, registration) and any other sources of funding.
- Letter of Recommendation: Obtain a letter of recommendation from the Psi Chi faculty advisor at the applicant’s current institution.