Welcome to the Western Region of Psi Chi!
As a student with a busy life, you may find it difficult to keep up with all of the important dates and deadlines related to the western region of Psi Chi. I update this section regularly to keep you informed of everything important. Check back often, and stay in the loop.
- Mark April 27–30, 2017, on your calendar to attend the annual WPA convention in Sacramento, CA. Proposals to present at WPA are due November 15. Please note that students holding membership in Psi Chi may elect to submit proposals for a special poster session that WPA has reserved for Psi Chi. Psi Chi members presenting in the Psi Chi Poster Session will also be eligible for a Psi Chi Research Award.
- Students are encouraged to apply for Awards and Grants with deadlines this fall! See the Psi Chi Awards and Grants page for more information.
- Complete collaborative research to increase your research experiences and potentially get published.
- Nominate your chapter or advisor for an award from Psi Chi. There are also grants for undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty to pursue research. Learn more HERE.
- Plan to submit your research to the Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research.
- Visit our Facebook Page.
Ethan McMahan, PhD
Western Regional VP
Ethan A. McMahan, PhD
Western Oregon University
Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Canada–British Columbia
"The Science of Inside Out"
by Psi Chi Distinguished Lecturer, Dr. Dacher Keltner, at WPA 2016 in Long Beach, CA.
Learn more about upcoming conventions.