Psi Chi continues to grow and succeed. In the 2017–18 year alone, 21,800+ members joined. That’s 21,800+ people who are in the top of their classes and eager to make a difference in the field of psychology. Further, we are excited to announce that eight new chapters were approved by Psi Chi’s Board of Directors since last July, making the total number of chapters now 1,150+.
New Chapters Approved
Chapters Approved in 2017–18
- Eureka College, MW region
- Keiser University, SE region
- University of Guam (INT), SW region
- University of Nicosia (INT), MW region
- University of Toronto, Scarborough (INT), MW region
- *Holy Cross College MW region
- *Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MW region
- *Viterbo University, MW region
We are also pleased to welcome these three chapters, which were previously approved in 2016–17 and later installed in 2017–18 academic year:
- **University of North Texas Dallas, SW region
- **Columbia University, E region
- **Grand View University, MW region
It is always fulfilling for us to see members of a new chapter learning about our Organization and their membership benefits. Below is an image of the new chapter at Columbia University (NY). This chapter hosted its first-ever induction ceremony during the fall 2017 semester. The ceremony welcomed 31 new members, featuring refreshments and three congratulatory speeches!
Psi Chi Central Office staff are already in communication with several individuals interested in starting chapters at their local campuses in the near future. Notably, this year, Psi Chi gained its very first chapters in the countries of Cyprus and Guam. Since Psi Chi became International in 2009, chapters are now located in 21 countries outside of the United States. What new cities and countries will gain Psi Chi chapters next year? We can’t wait to find out!
Reader, do you have connections at a school that does not have a Psi Chi chapter? Share our Membership Benefits page with them so that they can learn about our Organization. To start a new chapter, visit HERE.
Conduct a Lab Experiment
Log in and welcome our latest new chapters in the comment section below. Have advice for these chapters? Please share that info as well!
* Denotes chapters that have been Board approved but not yet installed.
** Donates chapters that were previously Board approved in the 2016–17 year and later installed during the 2017–18 year.