- A minimum of 78 Regional Research Awards of $400 each will be awarded annually. The distribution of awards is based on the number of applicants and varies across regions. The more applicants we have, the more awards we can give!
- Eastern Region—16 minimum awards
- Midwestern Region—16 minimum awards
- Rocky Mountain Region—6 minimum awards
- Southeastern Region—16 minimum awards
- Southwestern Region—12 minimum awards
- Western Region—12 minimum awards
- Submissions can be papers or posters (depending on your region) and must be empirical investigations. Check your regional Psi Chi page for more specific guidelines.
- The first author must be a student and must be a Psi Chi member at the time of submission. Submissions of first authors with pending memberships will not be considered. First authors are responsible for resolving any issues regarding membership before the close of the application period. First authors must be currently enrolled as a student or withing 6 months of having graduated at the time of submission. Student co-authors do not have to be Psi Chi members.
- In keeping with the discipline of psychology, order of authorship matters. It is assumed that students have done the bulk of the work on the submission and can demonstrate solid command over all aspects of the project, including the statistical analyses.
- Multiple submissions originating from the same lab or research team testing similar research questions from the same or fragmented database will be restricted to a single award.
- Student author(s) must present the paper/poster at the convention to receive the award. In cases where the first author cannot be present (e.g., unexpected emergency, study abroad), student co-authors—as long as one is a Psi chi member—can present the work. When multiple students author a submission, the awards are intended to be shared amongst all student authors. Awards will go to first authors for distribution. Faculty mentors should not present the research nor receive any award money.
- Regional award-winning submissions are not eligible for the APA or APS Convention Society Research Awards.
- Psi Chi student members may submit their research to any region. However, the same author and/or project cannot win more than one regional research award. See point 5.
- Award winners are selected through blind review by regional steering committees and vice presidents. See regional websites for additional details.
RIGHT SIDEBAR CONTENT GOES HEREm ds ds ds ds sd ds ds d sds s ds s d d s d dsdsd