All articles from 1,500 to 2,500 words in length (including references) are welcome that would be of interest to Psi Chi members, particularly in the following categories:
- Current issues in psychology, such as a review of a fascinating psychological topic or insights about what it is like to work within a specific field of psychology (e.g., counseling, educational, forensic, social, or sports).
- Chapter development, such as instructions for chapter growth, unity, participation in conventions, or successful fund-raising activities.
- Personal development, such as advice for careers, graduate school admissions/programs, leadership, self-improvement, or study skills.
Eye on Psi Chi also features the following six 1,000- to 1,400-word columns:
- Advisor Advice—For this column, advisors and coadvisors share effective chapter strategies with others around the world.
- Diversity—Here, authors discuss reasons and ways to embrace individuals of all races, cultures, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, and physical abilities.
- Graduate School—This column features advice from professionals about preparing for and thriving in graduate school. Students who have acquired extensive knowledge in this area are also encouraged to submit.
- International—Authors write articles for this column about the importance of and best practices for international travels.
- Student Insights—Undergraduate and graduate students present their unique views here about personal development, chapter management, and leadership.
- Alumni Achievers—For this column, e-mail us a paragraph or two about your personal experiences (jobs, awards, etc.). We will review it and send you a list of interview questions if we feel that our members would benefit from learning about your endeavors.
- Software: Microsoft Word® (electronic submissions only)
- Writing Format: All articles must follow APA style. The inclusion of attention-grabbing titles, brief personal stories, visual examples, and other engaging writing strategies is encouraged. Visit our Publications Search for examples of the types of articles* published.
- Photos: High-resolution photos (600 KB minimum) in
TIFF, JPEG, or EPS format.
- Biographical Statement: 150 to 200 words
- Category: List the area that best describes your article (keywords).
Our editors review all articles within 2 or 3 months, and authors may be
asked to make revisions before publishing. Psi Chi editors reserve the right to
make editorial changes including ensuring that articles conform to APA style, are
written with proper grammar and spelling, and will fit the space available in
the magazine. Author’s agreement to publish implies acceptance of all changes.
All authors must agree to transfer to Psi Chi the
exclusive rights of the article if it is published in Eye on Psi Chi.
Authors are require to sign a standard copyright agreement.
Eye on Psi Chi is published quarterly—Spring
(February), Summer (April), Fall (August), and Winter (November). Article
submissions for specific issues must be submitted 3 months before the publication date.
If you are interested in submitting an article, please
attach your document (and photos) and submit below. If you have any questions
about the submission requirements, please contact the Director of Publishing.
You will be notified by e-mail of its acceptance. Please allow several months
for your article to be accepted, reviewed, and published.
|*Eye on Psi Chi is not the publication for
formal research articles by undergraduates. Such research articles are better
suited for submission to the Psi Chi Journal of Psychological