|What is it?
- A $1,200 cash award for one outstanding Psi Chi chapter
- Open to both graduate and undergraduate students.
- An engraved plaque, commemorating the award.
How does it work?
- A chapter member, officer or faculty advisor nominates a president who demonstrates excellence
in leadership at the local level.
- The nominee will have one month (deadline of March 15th) after the nomination deadline to complete the second portion of the application.
- The Awards committee reviews applications and
chooses a winner.
Who is eligible?
- Candidates may not apply on their own for this award, but must be
nominated by chapter members, fellow officers or faculty advisors.
- Any chapter president is eligible to be nominated.
Who is Kay Wilson?
Wilson was the Psi Chi Executive Director from 1991 to 2003. Her excellent
leadership skills were evident, because during her 12-year tenure
When to Apply?
- the amount of awards and grants
available increased from $5,000 to $225,000,
- membership doubled, and the
number of chapters rose from 734 to 1,013.
Nominations for this award will be received from January 15th, 2016- February 15th, 2016.
Following nomination, the president must complete the second part of the application between February 16th, 2016-March 15th, 2016.
Central Connecticut State University
"A leader is someone who brings about the best in others while understanding that everyone has the ability to grow. Through motivation and dedication, a passionate team can make a difference..”
Kay Wilson Leadership
Award Winner Essays