Psi Chi is an important step in advancing your future. All of the benefits below were designed to enhance your psychology career and education. We look forward to continuing to unite with people just like you who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and furthering the science of psychology.
All Psi Chi memberships are for life.
- A one-time joining fee is all you will ever have to pay to become a lifetime member.
- Your personal login account will keep you connected to our Professional Organization and your specific chapter, even after you graduate.
- With your login, you can manage your subscriptions, update your profile information, and see special Psi Chi offers.
You will receive international recognition for academic excellence in psychology.
- Psi Chi membership is an honor that can be noted on employment applications, vitaes, and resumés .
- New members are presented with an official certificate of membership.
- More members continue their educations than the average student population.
- Psi Chi is ACHS accredited, well-represented, and respected among professional ranks of all behavioral sciences (just see our Distinguished Members).
More than $400,000 are available in annual awards, grants, and scholarships.
- Unique programs support undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and chapters.
- Apply for assistance traveling to conventions, conducting research projects, promoting diversity, financing your education, and more.
- GEICO insurance provides funding for Psi Chi scholarships. Show your support by getting a free quote from GEICO; you could qualify for an exclusive member savings opportunity.
Psi Chi actively helps members identify and obtain psychology-related careers.
- Our Career Center lets you review thousands of relevant jobs, create alerts to learn about local job openings, and ask specific questions to our trained career experts—all for free.
- The U.S. government accepts membership as one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level for numerous professional and technical occupations.
Chapter networking opportunities are essential to your future in psychology.
- Meetings and events outside of the classroom build lifelong friendships and give members a great sense of comradery and pride.
- Membership also makes it easier for you to establish relationships with professors who encourage an interest in psychology, involve students in research projects, and write meaningful letters of recommendation.
You can become a published author in our peer-reviewed journal and other publications.
- Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research is indexed in both PsycINFO and EBSCO databases. The Journal actively publishes empirical research by Psi Chi students and faculty to "foster and reward the scholarly efforts of psychology students.”
- Eye on Psi Chi magazine provides valuable articles by professionals and scholars about psychology, career advice, graduate school, diversity, and more.
- Psi Chi Digest e-newsletter keeps members informed about time-sensitive news and opportunities.
- Psi-Chi-Ology Lab is our bimonthly blog, featuring short, engaging posts written by staff and members.
Gain invaluable, one-on-one mentor relationships with professionals in all areas of psychology.
- Receive support from advisors and officers on your campus, or mentor others such as first-year students as they become accustomed to college life.
- Psi Chi’s LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages also provide limitless ways to connect with and learn from other Psi Chi members.
Psi Chi Research Opportunities prepare you for the graduate school or lab of your choice
Psi Chi provides educational programming at local, regional, national, and international conventions.
- Receive certificates recognizing your research presentations and posters at regional and national conventions.
- Network with leading psychologists, students, and officers from other chapters.
- Learn from our Distinguished Lecturers, and speak with them in person during conversation hours after their lectures.
Your local chapters offers numerous ways to develop valuable leadership skills.
Wearing our prestigious regalia will communicate your scholarly achievements at your graduation ceremony.
- Psi Chi’s Online Store features apparel, chapter supplies, gift cards, and more to display your Psi Chi pride.
- Check back often for closeout discounts, bundle deals, and other limited special offers.
Our Online Resources feature relevant tools and articles about the topics that matter most to you.
Psi Chi welcomes new ideas, diverse perspectives, and a broad representation of social identities and cultural backgrounds. Become a part of the largest student psychological organization in the world.
Robert Morris University
"I learned that the field of psychology is applicable across many different domains. There is a way to connect to nearly every person, student or professor, using some form of psychological principle."