Model Chapter Awards
To recognize, designate and reward healthy and active chapters who demonstrate communication and cooperation with their local communities, their own chapters, and the Psi Chi Central Office by completing the nine objectives, which include inducting new members, voting in the annual Psi Chi elections, submitting chapter activity, among other annual chapter responsibilities. Chapters are eligible to receive this award every year.
The top 50 chapters will be awarded $100 and a certificate recognizing the achievement.
In order to be considered for the award, an application must be submitted by May 15.
- Induct new members during the current academic year.
- Submit the group tax exemption authorization form for the current year.*
- Update the Psi Chi Central Office records with the current officer roster and faculty advisor contact information.
- Vote in the annual Psi Chi Board of Directors election. (Votes can be cast between January 15 and February 15.)
- Submit a chapter activity report to Psi Chi's magazine Eye on Psi Chi that is not an induction ceremony.
- Have no outstanding debts to the Psi Chi Central Office.
- Inform members of community service projects and special topic workshops sponsored by the chapter.
- Hold officer meetings regularly and record what was discussed during the meetings.
- Effectively utilize teamwork within the chapter to accomplish goals.
New this year: Your chapter's participation in the 2019 fall Psi Chi Chapter Challenge will make your model Chapter application even stronger! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Note: If your chapter has previously lost it's tax exempt status or is an international chapter, you are still eligible to be a Model Chapter.
During the time the application portal is closed, the program details of the previous round may be viewed by clicking the button below.
Please Give Back to Psi Chi to support our scholarship program and other endeavors!
Psi Chi is an IRS designated 501(c)(3) charitable organization; all gifts are tax deductible.