To annually recognize and reward outstanding Psi Chi chapters that meet the criteria of the ideal Psi Chi Chapter.
The top 50 chapters will be awarded $100 and a certificate recognizing the achievement.
In order to be considered for the award, an application must be submitted by May 15.
- Induct new members during the current academic year.
- Submit the group tax exemption authorization form for the current year.*
- Update the Psi Chi Central Office records with the current officer roster and faculty advisor contact information.
- Vote in the annual Psi Chi Board of Directors election. (Votes can be cast between January 15 and February 15.)
- Submit a chapter activity report to Psi Chi's magazine Eye on Psi Chi that is not an induction ceremony.
- Have no outstanding debts to the Psi Chi Central Office.
- Inform members of community service projects and special topic workshops sponsored by the chapter.
- Hold officer meetings regularly and record what was discussed during the meetings.
- Effectively utilize teamwork within the chapter to accomplish goals.
*Note. If your chapter has previously lost its tax exempt status or is an international chapter, you are still eligible to be a Model Chapter.
During the time the application portal is closed, the program details of the previous year may be viewed by clicking the button below.